Friday, February 19, 2010

More Travel Prep


Today I got my first round of vaccinations for Hep A. This was a step I shouldn't have had to worry about since I got this back in 2006 before my Eurotrip, but lazy 'ol me never went back to get the second required shot a few months later and so my immunity ran out.
(Note to self: DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS AGAIN.)

I also picked up my first batch of meds for E.coli and a prescription for my malaria medication as well. Who would have thought traveling halfway across the world required so much planning? ;)

Another big step was taken this afternoon as well, while doing some internet work at my local Starbucks. (I still don't have internet at home, so besides my iPhone this place is my connectivity hub for the next few months)...I booked my first hostel of the trip!! :O

Since I'll be in Japan during the peak cherry-blossom viewing period, I didn't want to arrive and find I would have to sleep in a city park! Apparently the best spots for viewing are actually around Osaka so I guess I should probably solidify my schedule so I can book those hostel nights as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment