Thursday, October 8, 2009

Get out of my way, Schmohawk!


As anyone who really knows me knows, I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. Of course that means that I also love Curb Your Enthusiasm, and so when I finally got the chance to catch up on the new season last night, I was in heaven. Three new episodes, with the promise that the entire Seinfeld cast was coming back to reunite? WOW. But even I got a bit confused in how things all played out.

Why was I so confused? Well maybe it was because I was watching the real life Larry David playing the character of Larry David pitching a story idea for a fake Seinfeld reunion TV show (which of course is based on the real Seinfeld show that the real Larry David once pitched) to the character of Jason Alexander, played by the real Jason Alexander who of course played the Seinfeld-version of George Costanza who was based on the real Larry David in the first place.

Mind. Blown.

And that's not even getting into the story details regarding the character of George fighting to get his fictional ex-wife back as a cover for the character of Larry David getting HIS fake ex-wife back on the show...which is a storyline that is based on the real Larry David's divorce.

Still, it was an amazing episode if you can put all of that aside and just enjoy it for what it is: a great parody on the reasons why "these reunion shows never work out." I can't wait to see happens next! That Meg Ryan better not ruin everything... >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment