Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Summer of Concerts


I made a conscious effort this year to go to as many concerts as I possibly could. I figured, I really like music so seeing my favorite bands play live would probably be a good idea! :P

So far this year I've seen Tokyo Police Club, Metric, Mobile, The Stills, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Green Day, Thornley, All-American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, and Blink 182. Next week is Kings of Leon, and next month is ManRayGun, Keith Urban & City and Colour. I'm having a blast but unfortunately it's not the cheapest hobby!

(Sidenote: I MAY have downloaded a FEW songs in my day, but I figure there are so many really crappy bands out there a person would go broke trying to find stuff they really like...so I struck a deal with myself to buy a ticket for any band that has put out a CD I've liked, and to also buy a tshirt from the merch table - I figure that makes us even! :P)

In other news, tomorrow I'm heading out to Jasper to help celebrate Heather's birthday. This annual tenting trip is entering its second year of a (hopefully) long tradition! I'm not really much of an outdoorsman, but anytime I can eat BBQ'd hotdogs and S'mores for dinner I'm happy!

5 comments:

  1. So jealous! Seeing live music is one thing I am really missing this summer. The only shows that have been here were Whitesnake and Alannah Myles. I actually went to Alannah Myles because it was free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Whitesnake! I had no idea they were even still together, let alone touring! Oh well, don't feel too bad - at least you get to be living the high life in beautiful Sweden! PS - how long of a train ride is it to Stockholm from where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metric is amazing! I saw them at Coachella Fest last year, and I would like to see them again. Yeah concerts aren't cheap, but most of them are worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing last year... except I went to a concert a month for the whole year. It was definitely worth it; it's not the cheapest hobby, that's for sure, but the memories and the elation you feel while you're there more than make up for the massive amount of money you've spent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice, I was soo close to going to Coachella last year as well! How was the experience? I was really impressed with Metric too, and am stil thinking about grabbing a last minute ticket to the Sonic Boom festival here in Edmonton in September...

    ReplyDelete