Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Colour me Green!

Today was Clean Air Day across Canada, and since I work in the Environmental Department at work I got to spend the day manning an informational booth at a Safety Expo, giving out prizes to my favorite people!  Surprisingly the day went by pretty fast, even though I spent the majority of it just standing around and chatting.  (Actually, that's not surprising at all - I'm really really good at that!)

Another perk?  I got to do a lap of the building riding this wicked little gokart-floor cleaning thingy!  It would suck to actually do that as part of your job, but there's nothing like testing out a new set of wheels.  I also did a lap of the other booths right before we shut down for the day, and scored about 4 pair of new sunglasses!

When I got home I watched last night's Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien that I taped, and loved it.  I'm SO happy that Leno is outta there!  (I'm a Letterman fan born and bred.)  Green Day rocked it out, which got me pretty pumped for the floor tickets I have for their Edmonton show later this summer.

After that, I continued my laziness and watched an episode of the OLN show Departures.  I really shouldn't watch that show because every time I do, I get VERY jealous of the amazing life those three guys are living right now while I go to work everyday.  If you haven't seen it, it's a travel documentary show that follows two Canadian guys (and their camera man) as they travel the globe and live out 'once-in-a-lifetime' experiences.  Today's showed them in Brazil hang gliding, scuba diving, swimming in the Amazon with pink dolphins and watching turtles hatch at sunset.  On top of that, I have three Facebook friends traveling the globe right now and showing off their photos...yah, I'm DEFINITELY taking my big Asian trip next year!  Anyone want to come with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment